With so many different types of mattresses available, it can be overwhelming to decide which is the best for you, so let’s discuss three popular types of mattresses: Bonnell spring, pocket spring, and foam.
This mattress is also known as an open coil spring mattress as it is made up of interlinked coils. The springs used to make the mattress cannot move independently. Generally regarded as a more ‘traditional’ and more cost-effective sleep solution, Bonell spring mattresses are best suited to people who sleep on their back or stomach.
Benefits of Bonnell Spring Mattresses:
- Affordability: Bonnell spring mattresses are typically the most affordable option compared to other types of mattresses.
- Steady support: Their sturdy structure provides steady support to the body.
- Great ventilation: The considerable amount of space between coils allows for easy ventilation. This also helps to prevent the accumulation of heat and promotes better sleep.
- Good for back and stomach sleepers: Provide good support for back and stomach sleepers.
Pocket Spring Mattresses:
Pocket spring mattresses comprise individual springs wrapped in their own fabric pockets. Each spring moves independently, providing targeted support to different parts of the body. Pocket spring mattresses are generally more costly than Bonnell spring mattresses and also slightly softer, but they can offer more support and prove more durable.
Benefits of Pocket Spring Mattresses:
- Excellent support: Pocket spring mattresses provide great sleep support and are a good option for pressure relief. As every spring moves independently to shape and contour your body, it helps to reduce any pressure and pain and also to improve blood circulation.
- Durability: Pocket spring mattresses are durable and long-lasting.
- Suitable for different sleepers: Pocket spring mattresses are generally suited to all types of sleepers as they provide targeted support to different parts of the body. They are great for those who like supportive mattresses with a firm feeling to them.
Foam mattresses are made entirely of foam – either memory foam or latex foam. Memory foam mattresses contour to the shape of the body, providing pressure relief and support. Latex foam mattresses are more responsive and provide more bounce. Foam mattresses are generally a more expensive option, but they offer superior support and comfort.
Benefits of Foam Mattresses:
- Pressure relief: Foam mattresses provide pressure relief by contouring to the shape of the body.
- Minimal motion transfer: Foam mattresses have minimal motion transfer, meaning that your partner’s movements during the night won’t disturb you.
- Durable: Foam mattresses are typically the most durable of mattress types.
- Good for side sleepers: Foam mattresses are great for people who sleep on their side as they provide support to the hips and shoulders.
Shop some of The Bed Centre’s top-brand mattresses:
After having read all the information on the different types of mattresses available, and how they differ from each other, you should decide what your priorities and preferences are when it comes to sleep, and which mattress is best for you.
The Bed Centre makes it easy for our customers, with many options available for purchasing a mattress in-store and online.
Take a look at our large selection of mattresses for sale and shop by size or brand. We offer unbeatable prices, and you can always find a special deal online, making it an attractive option for any budget.
We also deliver 100kms from any store, free of charge.