As the leaves turn and the days become shorter, it’s time to ready your bedroom for the colder months ahead. The perfect way to ensure you stay warm and snug, as the weather turns chillier is by making your bed cosier.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Investing in new bedding can make a big difference in how inviting your bedroom feels. Keeping warm doesn’t mean ending up covered in sweat, though – and this is where linen comes in. An extremely breathable fabric, linen is great for top and bottom sheets. However, if you prefer something warmer, try opting for brushed cotton winter sheets and pillowcases.
- If your mattress feels too firm, add a luxury mattress topper that can double as a mattress protector, if needed. This can make the world of difference to your comfort level, and you’ll be thankful for it during the colder months.
- A lofty down duvet will fold around your body and keep in the warmth, but make sure you choose just the right one so you don’t overheat. Options are endless and cater to all preferences, budgets and desires.
- Add extra blankets, throws or comforters. Soft, plush blankets are great for keeping you warm during the winter. Choose from a range of materials, such as wool, cotton, or even synthetic fleece. If you want to go the extra mile, consider buying a comforter. Incredibly light and fluffy, these can provide the perfect warmth for winter.
- Add some pillows. A good quality pillow is essential for keeping your neck and head comfortable while you sleep. It’s best to choose a pillow that is not too firm, but also not too soft. A pillow protector will protect against stains, dust mites, bacteria and allergies and extend the life of your pillow. It can also allow you to sleep and breathe easier.
- As we often move to darker, textured clothing in cooler months, so can our bedding. Consider bringing in a warmer, darker palette. Sheets, duvet covers and pillowcases needn’t be the same colour. Instead, layer darker, dustier autumnal shades and lighter neutrals on top of one another to create a sense of depth, comfort and interest.
- Add some extra comfort to your bedroom by changing up the lighting. Soft lighting like table lamps or string lights can help create a relaxed atmosphere and make your bedroom more inviting. Introduce extra texture with rugs, curtains, and cushions to make the room feel even cosier. These elements can add warmth to your bedroom, make it feel more inviting, and keep out the winter chill winter air.
- Don’t forget about the temperature. Investing in a good quality heater for your bedroom can make all the difference to how satisfying and pleasurable it feels. Just make sure it’s not too warm but rather a comfortable level throughout the cooler months, and you’ll be sure to enjoy your cosy winter retreat.
Follow these steps and you’ll make your bed cosier and more inviting, as the weather turns colder. It will be the perfect place to curl up and stay warm and snug on chilly winter nights.